Sunday, December 6, 2009

Week 7

Brian Martin “Against Intellectual Property”

I believe there are many laws in the world that have been misused. By that I don’t mean that they have broken the law but they have self-profited from that by being sly. We can’t say that it is a crime but it sure is against goodwill. The point of intellectual property is to make the creators/authors feel safe, not for somebody to start making a business out copyrighting different sentences and start claiming money. Hettinger’s point of view had never occurred to me before but it is rather true that why should one person get credit for something that many people have actually been working on together. If in some cases the creator is actually nature then what justifies one human being getting the credit for that. From that I can only conclude that life is just not fare. From Martin’s strategies of change I think the most effective one would be reviling the costs, of course it would be a major project but in a longer perspective it would stabilize the world intellectual property. As in conclusion it is true that every creation was born because of somebody's earlier creation and therefore the meaning of intellectual property is sometimes questionable.


No comments:

Post a Comment