What could the software licensing landscape look like in 2015? Write a short (blogged) predictive analysis
To think of 2015 it does not seem far away, but to look back five years from now it seems like a very long time ago. The main differences regarding software licenses now and then- I actually cannot think of anything. Years ago you got your software and license from a disc but nowadays you can just download it from the internet. I don’t think the licensing landscape will make any radical changes. Microsoft for example could develop further the Windows Genuine Advantage program but I don’t see it making changes because of freeware. Freeware isn’t actually a threat as it is freeware only to a certain limit and most people want/need the extra features that make the use of the program usually better. In 2015 freeware and shareware will still have the same meaning and Microsoft will also offer something but the real deal what most users want, will still need a license.
Write a short analysis about applicability of copying restrictions - whether you consider them useful, in which cases exceptions should be made etc.
I do not have a certain point of view about copying restrictions, in some cases there should be high limits and others it is not needed so much. If I had created something and my aim would be to get an income from that creation then I would try to do everything to prevent the possibility of copying it. But to look at a average user viewpoint it doesn’t always seem harmful to just copy something for your own use. Of course if I would try to benefit from copying somebody’s creation-that act should be punished strictly.
No comments:
Post a Comment