Sunday, December 6, 2009

Week 6

Formulate some measures which can reduce the effectivness of social engineerng attempts.

In order to reduce the effectiveness of social engineering people need to be more informed. If people are smarter by that I mean higher educated it is not so easy for them to become the victims of social engineering. I also have a sort of example- at the beginning of the 90’s in Estonia most people could not understand English. Of course at that time it wasn’t because they didn’t want to but everybody just didn’t have the chance. Anyway our family had friend who came to live here from the United States and he had a fancy car. Probably because of his vain car the police stopped him constantly and asked to see his driver’s license. At that time no one from the police understood the language he spoke and every time he was pulled over he showed his American library card as his license and got away with it. With that story I’d like to show my point if people are smarter they cannot be manipulated so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment