Sunday, November 1, 2009

Write a blog description of an Internet fraud (scam) scheme


This year in August I got a new laptop and decided to sell my old one. I put the adds up on Kuldnebörs and Soov. Soon I received an e-mail from a girl who said that she would like to buy my laptop at once because hers had broken down and her work depends on it. I had no problem with that I was willing to meet her the same day to make the deal. I already felt that this seems to smooth and easy to be right. In some time I received another e-mail from her. Unfortunately she didn’t have the money at the moment, but if I could give her the laptop right away she would pay me 1000 EEK extra by the end of the week. Of course at that moment I knew this deal isn’t going to work, but just to make sure I googled the e-mail address. Then I found out that she almost had a career as a scammer. There were many people complaining in different forums that they had bought some clothes from her, transferred the money but never received the goods.
Luckily I did not get scammed but many people before me had. On a web site Buduaar many people sell and buy all kinds of things and a good way of making sure you do not get scammed is to search in Google for the users names. Reading about a fraud on a scamming site this example of course is not comparable.

No comments:

Post a Comment